We’re excited to release Service Virtualization 10.5, our most developer friendly version yet!
We’ve made it much easier for developers to utilize Service Virtualization when they need it and where they need it.
The highlights offered in this latest release include:
- Eclipse Plugin: The Eclipse plugin enables developers to create and manage Virtual Services directly through their Eclipse or STS IDEs as a part of their unit testing. This includes creating and deploying virtual services from directories of RR pairs, mar files and Swagger specification files and more importantly augmenting existing virtual services using RR pairs. It also supports HTTPS as well as ability to select a port to deploy a Virtual Service.
You can download the Eclipse Plugin for free from the Eclipse Marketplace.
- SVasCode: SVasCode is now an official free offering that enables developers to create and manage Virtual Services directly through their Java IDEs. Simply use the Java annotations in your Junit test to deploy and then control your Virtual Services before starting your test.
Download the SVasCode from Github.
- API Enhancement: We’ve heard you! We have now made it even easier to manage virtual services through APIs without the need to log into the Workstation or the Portal. With this brand new API, you can create, update and manage virtual services through APIs using WSDL, Swagger, RAML, WADL as well as Mar files.
Learn more: Using Service Virtualization API v3
- Jenkins Plugin: Our new Jenkins plugin lets you manage virtual services and provision tests from your Jenkins UI. Pipeline scripts are also supported to configure the plugin and execute commands. The Jenkins plug-in is compatible with Service Virtualization version 10.3 and greater.
Download the Jenkins Plugin from Jenkins Marketplace
- Auto Login: DevTest now supports auto login for the Portal and Enterprise Dashboard. This can help improve security and eliminate the need of remembering multiple passwords. The functionality is based on Active Directory domain credentials using Microsoft Kerberos over SPNEGO protocol. Additionally, DevTest 10.5 can now integrate CA Single Sign-On.
Learn more: Enable Auto Login
- Reporting Improvements: DevTest has made several improvements to our reporting. You can now look up the most widely used Virtual Services across your teams. Additionally, we have enhanced the performance summary report to view the individual tests within suites. You can also view all the percentiles at suite level, test level, and individual tests in the suites.
- Identity and Access Manager Properties: Identity and access manager is a required component to manage DevTest authentication. A new IAM property file has been created to allow you to store KeyStore location and password, TrustStore location and password, and Database configuration.
Important: Please check out our documentation to prepare for upgrading to this new component.
- PostgreSQL Database: DevTest 10.5 now supports 11.1, 10.6, and 9.6.11 versions of PostgreSQL.
- CentOS: DevTest 10.5 supports 7.5 and 7.6 versions of CentOS.
- Swift 2018: DevTest 10.5 supports Swift 2018 protocol standards.
- Portfolio Licensing Agreement: DevTest can be enabled under the Enterprise Software Portfolio License Agreement (PLA) model.
Coming Soon: Docker Improvements: The DevTest Docker has been completely redesigned so that it is easier to use. It natively supports Kubernetes, easily supports clustering locally on premise or directly on AWS cloud by using AWS Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS), and we made it easier by providing pre-built images. We will announce when these images are available. The 10.5 images are expected to be released in the coming month or so.
A comprehensive list of the new and enhanced features can be found in the 10.5 Release Notes.
Upgrade to SV 10.5
If you are upgrading from SV 10.4 to 10.5, you can still use the same license file. However, if you are upgrading from 10.3 or prior versions, you need to request a new license file (devtestlic.xml). Here’s how:
- Step 1: Have a name and contact email address ready, where the new license file will be sent.
- Step 2: Contact the Customer Assistance Team for a new license. The process for contacting them can be found here.
- Step 3: Our team will create a new license file and send it to the email address you provide.
Sign up for our webinar to find out more!